Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AngelofDance5613
Kinsman
Professor

re: A Mission of Import

She would listen to khadrul, nodding in understanding before she would thank him silently for the information, she felt worry creeping up her spine at mentions of the local legend.... there was no way she had downed that many, and if it hadn't been for her friends she wouldn't have been standing there at all. Yet she didn't bring it up, she would simply accompany the mer to the main camp silently, her hair loose from its normal braid

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

After Katriel had finished with Khadrul she joined the Captain and together they went to meet up with the caravan commander.  The Captain led the way but looked back constantly to make sure she was still following, also because he was still unable to size her up appropriately.  Either the story of Farragut had been blown up, which wasn't unusual, or this mer was a different kind of killer, one he dare not cross.

As they walked they could see tents going up, fires being built, and in some places people just crawling snugly into the back of their wagons.  The night wouldn't be particularly cold due to the season but preparation was still necessary to make the night as comfortable as possible.  As they neared the center of the camp they saw a large but heavy set man pointing and gently giving commands to some of the other members of the caravan.  He took note of the Captain approaching frowned.  He turned to the Captain and almost growled before addressing him.

"And to what do I owe for yet another chance to be graced by your presence oh leader of mercenaries?"

The Captain gritted his teeth and forced a smile onto his face.

"Well I don't feel like we finished our discussion previously, as I to--"

The Commander threw up his hand cutting off the Captain and then replied swiftly.

"I have already said my piece on this, we made an arrangement before leaving and that's the arrangement we're gonna stick with.  The roads are always perilous which is why we hire additional security when making these travels, you knew the risk when we made our initial agreement.  Besides the agreement is already favorable to you, especially with those three men of yours runoff, that's more for everyone still here."

"Commander you have to understand that with those three gone we are at a disadvantage, not to mention the evidence of nearby threats, my men have to know that they are being fairly compensated for their trouble or more might leave."

"Then leave, you may be three down but as I told you before we picked up seven more, many of them veterans from the Blood Red Battle of Farragut."

"About that, I have Katriel from that group right he--"

Once again the Captain was cutoff by the Commander with the raising of his hand.

"You mean to tell me that you went and bothered our brave veterans with your nonsense!"

The Commander's tone changed immediately as he addressed Katriel.  He bowed his head while talking almost as if he were in the presence of royalty.

"My apologies for the rudeness of this imbecile serjo, he is an opportunistic one and is looking for any opportunity to line his own pockets further.  Also my apologies for underpaying your worthy group but the trek is long and we need to be careful with our spending.  Had you been the ones to come to us first we would have most assuredly been more generous with our payments."

Katriel would raise a hand in both greeting and to get the mer to stop, her ears feeling warm from the treatment she was so unused to, she after all was a thief and was used to being treated as such

"It is quite alright ser, i merely wished to hear both sides of the agreement and wished to meet those who have hired us, to put my own mind at ease you could say..."

She would give a small smile, it felt strained on her face but she hoped it didn't look that way.... she felt so uncomfortable acting in such a leadership type role.... she once again wished for either al or vehk to have been able to come and take care of such details....

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

He didn't notice her hand gesture with his head down but as soon as she took a breath to start speaking the Commander ceased his talking and listened intently.  He was truly honored to be in the presence of a member that had protected Fort Farragut.  Holding that fort was big news for trade caravans, it meant they were in friendly territory for longer and had a place to retreat for refuge from greedy brigands and thugs.  As she finished speaking he raised his head to get an idea of her state of mind and noticed a strained smile, he hoped he hadn't said anything to offend.

"Serjo Katriel was it?  I had this discussion with the Captain here earlier today and explained to him that we do not even know what our profits will be until we arrive at our destination.  Travel takes several days and if other merchant caravans beat us to the deals we are at risk of taking a loss.  In all honestly, and please forgive my brashness, if not for having recognized the name Gogron and Katriel or for knowing Khadrul personally to be a member of General Talbor's faction we would not have taken you on."

The commander bowed his head once again.

"It was just an honor to have such distinguished members traveling with us, not to mention I hoped word of you being along might scare off potential attackers that were looking for easy pray.  If I can make your travel any more accommodating I would certainly love to try but more funding is not something I can assure."

The Captain's nostrils flared as the commander was speaking and his face turned red.  He allowed the Commander to finish speaking before he responded.

"We discussed back in Narsis that if complications arose that additional compensation could be discussed, well those complications have arisen and it's time to discuss!"

The Commander frowned and turned his attention once again to the Captain.

"Please show me the complication.  All I know so far is that you have claimed to find signs of individuals camping.  Not to mention that complications don't imply you having to do the job you were hired for.  Complications imply something beyond bandits and other standard traveling concerns.  What you thought you would merely have to walk alongside the caravan?"

The Captain flared again and looked to Katriel for help.

"Please explain to this n'wah that what we ask is not reasonable."

The Commander's angry demeanor vanished and his eyes went wide with shock as the Captain implied that Katriel and himself were in agreement.

Last edited by Alandauron on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katriels eyes and jaw hardened as the captain implied she was also coming to discuss payment, when all she had said was she wished to hear both sides, a growl escaping her throat as she turned to fully face the captain, her temper flaring harshly and hotly

"I came, ser, to hear both sides of the agreement, do not put words into my mouth unless you want my blade through your throat!"

she would take a step back, taking a deep breath as she rolled her shoulders, attempting to calm herself, she would speak to the caravan foremen, but her eyes were still glued to the captain

"Thank you Serjo, for being willing to speak to me and explaining the details of the agreements of both sides. should anymore trouble make itself known other than what has presented itself, please feel free to come and speak to us, we are here for not only your safety, but for the safety of the others that you have hired as well."

she would turn finally and give a bow of her head to the larger mer before frowning in disappointment and with narrowed eyes at the captain, she was disappointed in her findings and had hoped that the mercenaries would have been more honest in their dealings....

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

The Captain glared at Katriel for her response.

"I thought we had an understanding, this pathetic excuse of a mer just admitted that he's aware you're being underpaid and you're ok with that?"

The Commander looked relieved at the response from Katriel and turned his attention back to the Captain but didn't respond, he just glared at him and gave Katriel room to speak.

Katriel would look down her nose, quite the feat for someone who was literally several feet shorter than the person who was doing it to, at the captain, her eyes almost feral 

"Let me ask you something, captain...have you ever seen war? True bloody war, not the skirmishes you deal with on the roads....I have...you haven't experienced the icy touch of death on the back of your neck as you feel yourself grow weaker and weaker from every enemy you have downed and more simply keep coming....But you know, surrounded as you are that if you falter, if you take one misstep...no one can reach you in time to save your sorry hide and you wish to talk to me about dangers of a few bandits?!"

She spit on the ground after she spoke, it almost landing on the toe of the captain 

"Once you feel that kind of dread in a fight you think for sure you'll never see the light of day from, come and find me and you might have my sympathies then you n'wah! Speak to Khadrul next time or your blood truly will stain my hands!"

Katriel would spin on her heel and storm off, colorful swears spouting from her lips in many languages....if the captain was a smart mer, he would give her time to calm down

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

The Captain took two steps back as he was assaulted by the words from Katriel.  It was all the Commander could do to keep from laughing heartily at him as a terrified expression came across his face.  As she stormed off the Captain almost started to say something but decided it was wise not to.  He turned to the Commander and wanted to discuss things further but could tell no progress would be made.

Having been utterly humiliated by Katriel and the Commander he turned and set out for the area his group was setting up.

As Katriel moved away from the two she suddenly heard a whisper that seemed to come out of nowhere.

"This one has some news for you."

A Khajiit materialized before Katriel as the words words spoken.  It was Tsarubi and she appeared before Katriel kneeling out of respect.

Last edited by Alandauron on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katriel nearly jumped out of her skin as the khajiit appeared before her, her hand going for the hilt of the dagger , a hand being sat on her racing heart before she turned to hiss whisper at the khajiit once she realized who it was, the anger only leftover from dealing with the captain

"By the gods! Y-you! Make some noise next time before appearing out of thin air like that!"

she would take a deep breath before shake her head, moving to place a hand on the khajiits shoulder, sighing as she tried to smile at the girl 

"I appologize...no ire is directed at you or your actions...not truly...come, tell me what you've discovered as we walk back to camp, please, I need a distraction from that disaster...."

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Tsarubi:

The Khajiit looked puzzled as Katriel jumped, she had made sure to say something this time before appearing, had that not been enough to notify Katriel of her presence.  She raised herself to standing and addressed her leader.

"This one apologizes.  The three that left the caravan yesterday are not gone, this one witnessed them get out of sight and then change direction.  It is believed that they have foul intentions."

She paused, but only for a long enough moment to let the info be absorbed.

"This one also went to verify the sketchy one's story of camps.  The story is true but this one believes there is more going on.  We need to proceed with caution.  This one needs to get a bit of rest before the moon takes to the sky."

Iniana:

She had followed Katriel to the meeting location with the two mer but had remained at a distance where she could not overhear what they said.  She didn't trust the mercenary in the slightest and wasn't going to leave her mentor alone with him.  As Tsarubi appeared out of nowhere Iniana started running toward the two and caught the second part of the conversation as she approached.

"Tsarubi you had me worried, I thought you were attacking my mentor!"

Realizing her blunder of speaking too loudly she corrected her volume before continuing.

"So what's going on?"

Tsarubi looked casually at Iniana and then back at Katriel, as if waiting for permission to say anything else.

katriel will nod slowly as she listened, eyes narrowing as she thought, she would speak lowly to Tsarubi and iniana as she motioned for them to keep moving away from the others 

"That is worrisome...thank you for your hard work Tsarubi, I'll tell the others in our group whats going on, you get some rest...Iniana, you're going to help me spread the word and what I myself discovered"

Katriel then told both girls about what happened during the little 'meeting' with the captain, and how she had suspected him of trying to get everything he could before destinations end, almost like he didn't think they would make it that far...

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She looked confused for a moment and then her face lit up.

"Oh you mean to the rest of the caravan?  I can get started right away!"

With that Iniana turned to head off but then Katriel started talking again and she stopped and turned around to rejoin her mentor.  After hearing what had been said she was more convinced than ever that something was off about the mercenary.

"So you think he intends to take the money and ditch the caravan?"

Tsarubi:

Tsarubi walked slowly alongside Katriel and just listened to what she had to say.  It was actually nice to be accompanied by other females, well by anyone really.  She was used to scouting by herself, she knew very few that could move as silently as her so scouting with another always seemed counterproductive.

The day had been long and her body was beginning to wear down.  Idas...no she couldn't even think of such a noble mer by his first name it was disrespectful...General Talbor had given her this task personally, to assist and protect Katriel while she was on her mission.  After being freed by the General from the horrors she faced daily she would never fail him.  Even so her body had it's limits and she needed just a bit of rest so she could be at her best if something did occur.

Katriel would nod that iniana was correct, she would then turn to tsarubi and smile softly after instructing iniana to work with the caravan master since she was unsure who was working for who

"Come, let's get you into a bed so you can sleep... you look half dead on your feet from exhaustion Tsarubi, you can take the tent if they've sat it up for now, you need privacy after your long bout of scouting and all the sleep you can get without getting bothered by others"

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Tsarubi:

She simply nodded at Katriel's suggestion, she did enjoy the seclusion most of the time and it might help her getting some good rest.  She walked silently for the rest of the trip and entered straight into the tent upon their arrival.

Iniana:

As soon as Katriel had returned to their camp Iniana started again.

"So to spread the word I will go around and speak to some of the other groups traveling to get their impression and share my own regarding this mercenary captain.  A little bit of rumor will help people be skeptical of the mer so they're more prepared for whatever occurs.  I think I saw a few personal guards while I was following you to your meeting earlier, maybe they will be able to assist us if or when the mercenaries leave."

She waited impatiently, almost vibrating in position, for Katriel's response, hoping that it sounded like a good idea.

Khadrul:

As the group returned to the camp and he watched Tsarubi entering the tent he started toward them.

"Tsarubi, that tent is for Katriel, for her protection."

Katriel would nod in agreement to iniana, she was about to respond when she heard khadrul, she would torn and smile tightly as she responded to him

"Indeed, and i can share the tent with any i see fit, i told her to rest in there done she's been so diligent in scouting and so exhausted. Iniana, i believe that your plan of action will work wonderfully, just make sure to let them know to keep it from the other mercenaries so they do not catch on that we're catching on. "

She would stretcj her neck then, popping it loudly before turning to khadrul fully

"I need to inform you my findings in the meeting, you and gogron, do you know where he went?"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: