Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AngelofDance5613
Kinsman
Professor

re: A Mission of Import

Katriel would narrow her eyes as she gave a discrete nod

"Act as if we have yet to notice, let's see if we can catch them unguarded, iniana, what are your thoughts?"

She would turn slightly to speak to her student, wanting to see if the girl had a differing plan  or would go along with hers

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She stood there puzzled for a moment looking back and forth between Katriel and the Khajiit.

"Why would you ask me?  Ummm..."

She thought for a brief moment and then continued.

"Do they look threatening?  If so I'd rather them not be allowed to get too close.  Honestly I was just hoping to enjoy the day with my mentor, can't you deal with it how you see fit?"

Tsarubi:

She exited her gentle bow and blinked a few times trying to take in the suggestions.

"This one has always been required to follow orders and only act when told to act.  Does one wish that this one make a decision on her own?"

She was responding to both Katriel and Iniana but looked directly at Katriel while responding.  She had been instructed to report directly to Katriel and that's what she was going to do.

Katriel would give a very small smile as she heard iniana, before she would nod in understanding, turning back to tsarubi she would speak more like a leader, her tone a little more firm

"Keep an eye on them, if they look to try to close the distance now than they are, capture them if possible, if unable alert us again and we will go from there. Thank you for alerting me.... as for making a choice....I am not your master, your allowed to have your choices and opinions with me. Please, if you have an idea or a suggestion, you may tell it to me or act on it... you're free afterall"

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Tsarubi:

She stood silently for an awkward moment as she processed the new information.  She knew things were different under Idas' leadership, that's why she chose to remain despite him being part of Hlaalu.  He had saved her from a wretched life under the thumb of other members within Great House Hlaalu, for that she would serve him faithfully.

"This one does not think they are a threat but rather one of interest.  The one looks on at Katriel and the other with anxiousness, as if they wish to speak.  This one thinks if you were outside the town the one might be bold enough to approach.  This one will continue observing for now."

Without waiting for another response Tsarubi turned and walked off in the opposite direction.  She knew it wouldn't be hard to find the one following Katriel and her companion, they weren't very good at being discreet.

Iniana:

"Well that went well!"

Iniana refused to let the news ruin her good mood, they simply had an admirer following them around, nothing more.  Then a thought crossed her mind, maybe it was someone that knew something about their family.  She froze and then turned to face Katriel, grabbing her hands and getting her face uncomfortably close to her mentor's.

"What if they know something about the cubs!"

After she blurted it out she wondered if she needed to keep her tone down.  Why would someone with information about their family be sneaking around instead of just approaching them?  A frown appeared on her face and she grabbed her head with one hand and dozens of conflicting thoughts began swarming through her mind.

Katriel would nod in understanding to the khajiit, before she was pulled uncomfortably close. She felt her eyes widen and her muscles tense as if expecting a strike to rain down onto her. However when the attack never came her body relaxed a little bit as an almost silent sigh left her lips, she would take a step back before gently running a hand over inianas head to sooth the girl

"That is a good question.... unless they are unsure who we are or how we would receive them.... come, i wish to see if they would approach, let's take tsarubi's advice and head out of town... keep your guard up however, it might be a bandit or another wanting something similar"

Sure would then take the girls hand on her own and begin leading her out of town silently, thoughts running through her own mind as he ruby eyes scanned the shadows and rooftopss as they passed

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She agreed with Katriel and the two of them started working their way slowly toward a less populated area.  Now that Iniana was aware of someone following them it was easy for her to pick them out.  The Khajiit was correct, there was someone trailing them.  The person following was obviously not skilled in either stealth or how to follow someone discretely.  Iniana and her mentor had no shortage of things to talk about so had no issue maintaining a conversation that didn't include mentioning the one following them but at times it was difficult not to comment on how awful that person was at being discreet.

She watched as the Altmer ran between carts, walls, and other objects that would hide them from view.  If it had been a dark alley or late at night with no one on the streets it might have been less obvious but in the bright and early morning and with most people walking casually through town they stuck out.  She nearly laughed each time the mer bumped into a cart and got scolded by the owner or each time someone glared at them for dashing in front of their path.  It was quite humorous and she began to wonder how she hadn't noticed them in the first place, she and her mentor must have been quite oblivious in their state of bliss from being reunited.

After a short while she became bored of the sight and decided to go ahead and approach the mer.  She watched as the mer dashed behind another cart and the moment he was out of view she cast a spell of invisibility and darted toward him.  She closed the gap quickly and dropped down to one knee as the mer poked his head up to check on their location.  She winced as she considered that she took off without alerting her mentor once again, she would very likely not be pleased.

Katriel turned to say something to iniana, before she stopped in her tracks as she noticed that iniana was gone. She would look around, trying to find her student as confusion and worry was plainly on her face, had the one so obviously following them gotten to her? 

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

Pushing the thought of an angry mentor out of her mind she got close to the mer that was following them and then released her invisibility spell.  The shock and horror on the face of her stalker as she appeared was everything she hoped it would be.

"Is there a reason you've been following us all day?"

The mer was frozen in place for a moment as his quarry was suddenly right in front of him.  How had she noticed him, he made sure to stay out of sight as best he could.  He steadied himself and stood up straight revealing he was several inches taller than Iniana, something she was very used to.

"Excuse me but I don't know what you're talking about, I was merely bending down to fasten my shoes."

Iniana laughed heartily at the response.

"No, you were following my mentor and I and doing a terrible job at it.  Do you think she's pretty?  Is that why you're following us?"

The Altmer turned red at this suggestion, how could he fancy a lesser mer.  Neither of them were particularly unattractive but Altmer were above the other mer that had been diluted over the centuries by lesser species.

"I beg your pardon, that is preposterous!"

As the two bickered back and forth Iniana took notice of her mentor closing in on them.

"What do you think mentor?  Do you think he's following you or me?"

Katriel had heard iniana laughing and turned to see her interacting with their stalker, she didn't hesitate to walk towards them. When iniana asked her question katriel narrowed her eyes and gently whacked the back of the girls head in a playful punishment

"I think that you should alert those you are with to your plans before you execute them, forgetful girl. What if he'd actually been a threat?"

Katriel would look the man over, frowning unamusedly,  he would get the distinct feeling of being judged and the judgment being of him being unworthy of her attention or time

".... not that this deplorable excuse of a sneak would be anything but.... you're tactics were pathetic at best and sad to see...a child would do better if he were throwing a screaming, bawling tantrum as he did it.

"However, despite his..... lacking, i would say it would be more likely that he were following you iniana... you notice how he stopped following me when you departed my presence? That is a big giveaway that i an not his target."

She would examine her nails as she spoke, getting a tiny bit of dirt out from under the long nails, her face bored as she basically said 'you're not even worth my full attention'

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

The Altmer took on an offended look as Katriel spoke, almost as if he were about to start sobbing from the insult.  Iniana couldn't help but smirk at his discomfort.  As her mentor insulted the Altmer she casually pulled out the dagger she had tucked away and held it up in front of her.

"Enough!"

Suddenly her face went flat, all expressions gone.

"Now tell us why you were following us or the guards will have to sew you back together before arresting you."

The tall Altmer shriveled at her words and now seemed barely taller than either Iniana or her mentor.  He struggled for a moment to choke back a scream or cry of some sort before once again gathering himself and speaking.

"An associate of mine overheard a member of your caravan talking about looking for some Khajiit cubs.  I happened across a couple of cubs matching the descriptions that he mentioned while inquiring.  Oh how I wish this associate had handled this part."

The fluster was clear on his face though he tried to hide it.  He straightened himself once again and put on a less terrified face as he proceeded.

"I can share that information with you for a small fee."

Iniana lunged forward slightly in a feint to judge the reaction of the mer before she once again burst out into laughter.  She had never intended any harm on the mer but did so enjoy watching him squirm.

"Ok."

Iniana replied simply and then waited for a moment until the mer responded.

"Really...erm I mean naturally.  So I was thinki--"

Iniana cut him off abruptly as he started again.

"We will give you 20 gold pieces and not report you to the guard for your inappropriate behavior."

"I was thinking more along the lines of one hun--"

Once again she cut him off.

"I imagine you did try to do some thinking but I only offered as much as I did because I'm worried I made you soil yourself.  Those are some fancy trousers and the cleaning will likely be expensive."

All the blood in his body immediately rushed to his head at the implication, his embarrassment growing by the second.

Katriel would be shaking with silent laughter as she witnessed iniana and the mer interacting, a hand over her mouth. She would take a steadying and composing breath in before she raised a single brow as she spoke to the mer, her face and tone serious as a plague suddenly

"We could always just torture it for free out of you instead.... your choice. Take the twenty or lose some flesh"

Only someone as close as iniana was to her would possibly be able to tell that Kat wasn't serious about torturing the mer..... most likely

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

At her mentor's suggestion Iniana's eyes went wide and a wry smile encompassed her face.

"OOOOH!  I like that idea, yes we should do that then."

She looked back at Katriel and scrunched up her face in a contained giggle before regaining complete control and turning back to the Altmer.  She frowned slightly and then continued.

"Right, that wouldn't be fair to jump to that so quickly.  Alright you have to the count of five to accept the twenty gold.  One.  Tw--"

The Altmer was completely flush at this point and any sense of control he thought he had previously was gone.  He started mumbling something that Iniana couldn't understand before finally making a bit of sense.

"...yer....I...er...I mean deal!  You have a deal!  20 gold and I will share the info I have!"

Iniana let her shoulders droop showing her disappointment at not getting to torture the snooty Altmer.  Though she only partially wanted to do it, mostly she was just playing along with her mentor's jest.  She never liked the Altmer, they always seemed to think so highly of themselves, it was also nice to bring them down a notch.  She thought back to the past couple of weeks before meeting back up with Katriel after the battle.  She had brought a couple dozen Altmers down from their high horses and put them six feet under just for being Aldmeri Dominion.  

Suddenly she started to worry that they might be looking for her, she had made sure to kill everyone she encountered in those instances but things had a way of catching up with you.  Always one loose end that you didn't think of or didn't see.  The war was good cover with mercenary groups doing much of the same but all the same she started to worry she might have put her mentor in danger.

Finally regaining control of her thoughts she put a smile back on and turned her attention back to the Altmer.  Did she show that she was deep in thought?  She knew she was never very good at hiding emotions or thoughts, especially from her mentor, but maybe she hadn't looked too distraught just now...

Katriel had seen that iniana was deep in thought almost right away, she had sighed and gotten out her coin purse in the tone it took iniana to come back to herself and was passing the coins to the man, a look of composure on her face, she would grab the man's elbow and try to lead him to the alley, a slight growl to her voice that only iniana and the man would be able to hear

"Now spill, what info do you have on my cubs"

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

As Iniana cleared from her daze she realized her mentor was already set to work on receiving the intel from the Altmer.  It was fortunate she was there, Iniana was different around her, almost tame.  She wasn't sure if it was who she truly was or if the darker version was now the real Iniana.  One thing was for certain, she was no longer her mentor's little Ana, even if she wanted to be.

"Alright, just keep that one away from me."

Iniana looked over to the Altmer and noticed that he had a look of terror and he had his eyes locked on her, maybe she had been a bit too convincing.

"The Dunmer that was in town yesterday was describing a couple of female Khajiiti cubs and one of my associates said that he recognized one for sure and possibly the other.  They had got tied up in some sect of Altmer and Bosmer that worked out of southern Cyrodil during some of the early fighting in the Alliance War.  Apparently they left Cyrodil some months ago headed to the northern tip of Reaper's March."

The Altmer looked at the two womer before him and decided it best to pull out his own map rather than antagonize them further.  He pointed to a small region in the northern most tip of Reaper's March.

"Somewhere around here."

The Altmer went on to share the description of one of the female Khajiit that his associate had described.  It was a very near comparison to that of Jo'ani.  Iniana's eyes began to fill with tears before she forced herself to keep from getting too excited.  It had been a couple months since his associate had seen her last and that was a very long time during a war.

Katriel would pull out her own map and jot down the information, before she looked at the mer hard, a hand going to rest on the pummel of her short sword as she spoke

"Thank you, but this does leave me to wonder why you or your companion who knew the information firsthand didn't tell the dunmer yesterday this information.... why wait until today?"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: