Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: A Mission of Import

OOC: Looks like I dropped the ball on this one, was this something anyone was interested in continuing or do we want to send it to Leagacy?

Gonna give this a go again and see if things can get stirred back up.  Posts may be few and far between at times because I have many priorities to take care of but I really would like to get forum RP going again if possible.  I'm not one to do RP in a game when there's other things I can do in the game, have tried a few times and it never really went anywhere with me.

Alandauron:

He pondered the response for a moment before responding.

"Yes, I see.  It is quite a bit to ask of you to stretch your oath yet again.  I will understand if you'd prefer finding and meeting up with Vehk once again.  I can tell your oath is something you take very seriously.  Join us in our journey back if that is your desire."

With that Alandauron signals the others and they head out to begin their journey to meet up with General Talbor.

Iniana:

A glisten begins to form around Iniana's eyes as she remembers the body of Ja'Denif after the hard fought battle at Fort Farragut, she quickly tries to wipe it away before addressing Katriel's question.

"No, I do not know which, sadly.  I only know that once I heard there might be another of our family here I rushed this way immediately.  I will not allow another of our family to fall if there's anything I can do to prevent it."

Iniana smiles and chuckles to herself.

"I guess it would have been better if I had thought things out and asked a few more questions before rushing off blindly, I just keep seeing Ja'Denif every time I close my eyes.

This time there is more than a glisten and her eyes begin to well up with tears, despite her attempts to keep them at bay.

Last edited by Alandauron on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katriel would nod at her former pupil, sighing, she understood running off without thinking because of emotions.... she did it often enough afterall

"It would have been.... but i do not fault you in any ways...i would have done the same afterall if i was in the same situation"

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She wiped away the dampness from her face and frowned playfully, a signal to herself that she had regained control.  Slowly she managed to get her smile to return and looked around the camp, assessing what was going on.

"Actually I never asked, what are you doing here?"

As she spoke she noticed a rather large Orsimer striding into camp.  Each step seemed like five of her own and if you hadn't seen his legs you would assume he was simply gliding.  His upper body remained almost perfectly still with his wide, broad shoulders.  As she admired the proud and confident way in which the Orsimer held himself she started to wonder if her jaw had hit the floor upon seeing him enter the camp.

Gogron:

He returned to the camp just in time to witness Alandauron riding off with a set of scouts, he knew how much the Dunmer cared for Katriel and wondered what could be important enough to tear him away from helping her.  It mattered not, with Gogrom there no harm would befall her, maybe Alandauron was also confident in his abilities, that would explain his confort in leaving her.

He looked around and took note of some new faces, a Dunmer that he recognized, though not by name, a Khajiit, and a Bsomer that was standing near Katriel.  He would definitely need to check out the Bosmer, she was already too close to his charge.  He adjust his course, locked eyes with the Bosmer, and headed toward her and Katriel.

Katriel would chuckle softly and reach out and ruffle inianas hair playfully, a fond smile on her lips as she let her hand fall and she answered once more her students inquiry

"Did you truly think i would let any of my former children stay in their armies if they did not wish to once i knew about the situation? I'm here to find them and bring them home if they wish to come, the others you see are those who agreed to help me on my quest, though i tried to tell them it would be.... easier..... alone..... they would not have it"

Her smile would turn a little sour at the reminder of the arguments she had over that one fact alone.... she had her back to where her student was looking, so did not see her orsmir friend coming closer 

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Gogron:

As he approached he overheard the last of what Katriel was saying and let out a hearty laugh.

"Ah ha ha hooo!  Of course I wouldn't let you wander off on your own in the condition you're in!"

His voice was loud and full of confidence.

"Little Kat you are my responsibility with Alandauron now run off, don't think I won't be keeping a close eye on you.  Now who is th--"

Gogron paused as he recognized the Bosmer from the Faragut battle, he remembered the expression Katriel had then and the brief part of the exchange he witnessed.  Suddenly his tone lowered and his confidence turned to consideration.

"My apologies, this must be a private moment."

Iniana:

She winced as the giant lumbering Orsimer locked eyes with her and froze in place, not out of fear, but merely out of shock that the giant had taken an interest in her.  As he approached she felt unable to summon any words to respond and just remained fixated on him as he spoke.  As his tone relaxed she did too, but only a bit.

Katriel wouldn't have jumped as Gogron spoke, however she would torn and roll her eyes, her mask of indifference slipping somewhat onto her features, however her crimson eyes still betrayed her feelings. 

"If it were private i would have taken her into the tent you all insisted i have. Iniana, this is gogron, gogron, this is iniana, my brightest student back in the day"

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Gogron:

He let out another hearty laugh at Katriel's response before responding.

"Ah haha hooo!  Indeed I guess that would make some sense little Kat!  Well everything seems to be in order over here so I'll return to my preparations!"

Instantly his voice was booming once again as the Orsimer responded then he turned swiftly and stomped off.

Iniana:

As the giant began laughing again Iniana winced once more before seeming to relax at last.  If Katriel was comfortable with the giant there was no reason she shouldn't be.  She had seen Orsimer before but none as large nor loud as this one, it was no wonder he held such high regard of himself.  She only managed a whisper in response to him.

"Thank you."

She said meekly and then instantly wondered what it was she was thanking him for, maybe not stepping on her.  With the Orsimer walking off she regained some of her spirit and turned her attention back to Katriel.

"Oh, you said you're looking for our family?"

Suddenly it dawned on her that they had the same objective and her energy soared once again, the excited smile returning to her face as if it had never left.

"Oh!  We should travel together!  It would be so much fun to spend time with you again mentor!"

Last edited by Alandauron on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katriel nodded to gogron as he left before turning to iniana fully, the mask once more slipping off as she listened, she would nod in agreement, gently taming the girls hair as she used the familiar nickname she had given the girl in childhood

"Indeed, i would like nothing better my little star, though please, if you travel with me you must respect my companions.... and no more running off alone! If you do so again ill have no problems taking you once more over my knee!"

Although she was mostly joking.... she advertising would if need be

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She burst into laughter at the response from Katriel.  She knew her mentor was right and had justification for the comment based on recent history but it had been years since anyone had mentioned parental punishment to her and she couldn't help herself.  She imagined if pushed to it Katriel could likely manage to snatch her up and fulfill the promise but she doubted it would ever come to that.

"Oh how I missed you so mentor!  I am a changed mer and had lost my way for many years but being with you again brings back the memories of who I was and who I wanted to be.  Thank you!"

With that Iniana leaned in and hugged her mentor tightly.

Last edited by Alandauron on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katriel would tightly hug iniana back, smiling

"You were not the only one lost dear one... you have saved me from a dark path, simply knowing you are alive saved me"

She would linger in the hug for a moment, trying to remember the last time she had gotten, or received such a thing, before she reluctantly let go

"Come, let's get you a spot set up to rest in and exchange any information that we may have, in sure you've heard things we have not and vice versa, plus i can introspection you to my companions"

She would steer iniana towards the tents entrance, smiling to herself that she didn't have to sleep alone anymore since iniana was here and she wasn't gonna have it any other way other than her pupil right next to her. After all, this one had a tendency to wander.... katriel wanted to keep an eye on her.... just in case

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana followed Katriel into the tent without any restraint, she was happy to be with her mentor and even happier that they had both arrived with the same goal in mind, reuniting with their family.  The two talked for hours, well into the night sharing their experiences with one another and catching up.  Iniana shared how the cubs had all been taken from their homes, the ones that were supposed to protect them just gave them up to protect themselves instead.  When the Aldmeri Dominion came looking for soldiers and laborers they knew they could turn over the cubs and spare themselves from the fighting.

After they were separated Iniana never saw the others again until she was assigned to Aicanlo.  She had been so excited to see another from her family and saw it as a blessing upon the battle ahead.  Afterall if Ja'Denif and her could become great warriors she knew the others could as well. 

She shared how she struggled to adapt to combat at first but eventually let herself be swept away by the bloodlust to prevent losing her mind entirely.  How she came to love the excitement during a fight when she thought she might die.  She hadn't realized how bad she had become until she saw Katriel and then her dead sibling.

She also shared happier memories of the camp shortly after Katriel left.  How the caretakers had at first been the warmest and most caring people she knew, next to Katriel of course.  How S'jahirr had grown fat after she left and was always getting in trouble for sneaking sweet rolls.  How Aasma became a leader to Jo'ani, almost like Katriel was to all of them.

She laughed and cried and opened up like she hadn't in so long...no like she wasn't able to until now.

As the two caught up in the tent outside the rest of the group established their perimeter and scheduled guard duties.  The conversation from the tent filled everyone with joy and some even imagined that they heard Katriel laughing.  As night drew over the camp the atmosphere was one of relaxation and joy.  No one knew what lied ahead or if they would all come home safely but tonight was a time to remember.

By the next morning, katriel felt lighter than she had a long time,  she awoke with a smile and it didn't leave throughout the days time. She didn't even care who saw, iniana had truly woken something deep inside that had long been dormant inside. She kept iniana close to her throughout the day as they sat up a plan and a place to start

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She slept better than she had in a very long time and woke early and full of energy.  The night before and her ability to unload all of the trouble she had dealt with since her untimely separation from her beloved mentor had relieved stress she was not aware she had.  She still felt the betrayal and loss of the years and still wanted revenge for the wrongs committed against her and her family but she no longer felt the burden of carrying it alone.

It was a new day and brighter than any she could remember, that was likely her outlook.  While they prepared in the morning Iniana shared the tip that had led her to Narsis.  She had run into someone that the cubs had all trained with and got a tip that a mercenary group was supposed to head towards Narsis for a break from the fighting.  The contact thought he remembered hearing about one of the cubs being involved with some mercenary groups.  As she went over it in her mind she realized that it wasn't actually a very solid lead.  There was a CHANCE that the mercenary group was going to Narsis and a CHANCE that one of the cubs would be attached to the mercenary group.

"I'm sorry if I got your hopes up, I know I got my own up, this could be a dead end Katriel."

She let her shoulders slouch again and pouted as the realization set in.

CAMP:

Back at camp Gogron and the others were getting everything packed and loaded up for the trek ahead.  Realistically they very likely had far too many supplies for the amount of members traveling together but Gogron had insisted.  The others wondered if the large supply load on their wagon would make them a target while traveling and Gogron secretly hoped that it would.

Katriel gently rubbed iniana on her slumped shoulders, smiling softly to her as she spoke on soothing tones

"Worry not, i know it's a long shot, but dear end or not, it's still a leaf that needs to be followed just in case.... you never know what even dead ends can teach you, after all, the last dead end we were in i found you afterall"

She of course was referring to the alley that she had almost shot iniana in back in the battle of fort fargot

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Iniana:

She smiled at her mentor's response as they continued through the streets of Narsis, she didn't pay much attention to the architecture or store fronts but examined everyone they passed with scrutiny.  She didn't have much hope of finding one of their cubs but hoped that she would recognize someone that might be able to help them.

As they walked suddenly a familiar Khajiit popped up in front of them, as if out of nowhere.  She recognized her immediately as the one Alandauron had introduced.

"Are you trying to cause me to fall over?"

Tsarubi Rakhaan:

She stood completely still and bowed her head gently as she appeared.

"This one apologizes for it's improper appearance but wanted to let you know that you are being followed.  This one does not recognize the pursuer and wanted to ask how one wanted them handled."

Tsarubi had accompanied Davis Hlaalu and Jiub into the camp where Jiub left the other two and set out once again.  She had black and white fur and golden orange eyes.  She kept her dark hair up and in a braid and wore leather armor.  Her face bore several scars from her time as a slave to some of the ranking members of House Hlaalu.

Page 2 of 6

Jump to: