Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> RP Games
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: Arena: Drevaren vs Idas

Good men and mer of Kragenmoor! We have a truly spectacular fight for you today. The master duelist and swordsman Drevaren Sailan, is facing none other than general Idas Talbor himself! Will Idas prove victorious yet again, or will Drevaren Succeed where even Councilor Falauren failed? Let's find out! Looooower the gates!

Drevaren drew the sword from the sheathe on his back. It was a beautiful two-handed Katana, at his hip was another weapon, a silver shortsword. In his boot he had stashed a steel dagger. His armor was scaled, and off medium weight. He anticipated he would be somewhat protected, but still able to move quickly. It was all enchanted to resist a different from of magic. Shock, frost and fire. He knew the General would utilize magic, after all it was not against the rules here

As the gate was finally lowered, he stepped into the arena

Psijjic Monk

Idas was clad in a full suit of bonemold armor with an open face helm. His weapons were dual ebony long blades and a pair of throwing daggers on each hip.

Across from him was Drevaren, a fearsome man in any battle, but a duelist at heart. This sort of intimate combat seemed to be where Drevaren thrived and, in truth, Idas was concerned that he could not match him blade for blade. Luckily, he didn't have to. The General was banking on his magic to be the difference maker in this fight.

The usual plane Arena, unmarked but for a handful of pillars, had been transformed for this fight. Mages had turned the terrain into something much more resembling the actual field. A pool of clear water marked the center of the field, surrounded by an outcropping of trees. The brush was not too thick, of course, to prevent blocking the view of the crowd.

As the gate lowered Idas charged across this artificial battle field straight at his opponent. He was hoping to catch him off guard since his opponent would probably be expecting him to start at range. When he was only a few meters away, the trickery came in to play.

Using a quick blink spell, Idas teleported the last bit of distance quickly. Coming out of the teleport, his body was charged with electricity and he launched a diagonal downward strike with his right blade...

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Drevaren was surprised by the blink, but his honed reflexes paid off and he parried perfectly. It sent a shock through him, luckily the enchanted armor helped him some, and he could take in stride. Pushing back, he utilized a move known as the thousand stinging fangs. It was created and perfected by a Tsaeci warrior, and few people on tamriel knew it. Complicated as it was, it boiled down to a flurry or quick strikes with a large Katana

Psijjic Monk

As Drevaren launched into his counter attack, Idas began attempting to quickly parry the flurry of blows. But he was so fast! And the way his arms moved it was almost....serpentine. A hard blow got through and cracked the bonemold over the General's right breast. Idas screamed in pain as the armor crunched inwards and dug into his flesh.

Not wanting to allow his opponent to press the advantage, Idas blinked backwards, away from the fight. Not wanting to waste the magicka on a healing spell, which he wasn't very good at in the first place, the General held his hand over his own chest and let loose a blast of fire, searing closed the wound and melting the bonemold back together.

The straight forward strategy had not worked well and Drevaren would be attempting to close the distance quickly. Letting loose a blast of telekentic force, Idas attempted to knock Drevaren off his feet, hopefully doing some damage in the process.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Drevaren was hit straight in the chest by the invisible force, and was sent spinning backward. Trying to salvage the situation he spunn and managed to land on his feet. But he was now a good way away from the general. He hurried behind some bushes, anticipating a magical attack any second. And contemplating his next move. Only as he came to a sta ndstill did he notice the pain in his chest. That impact would leave a bruise for sure

Psijjic Monk

The blast seemed to have some effect, but Drevaren was tough. Idas was fairly certain that he was wearing enchanted armor. The shock from his earlier strike had seemed fairly ineffectual and there was a distinct sheen to Drevaren's armor.

Before Idas could lash out with a destruction spell, his opponent took cover. In response, the General summoned a Winged Twilight. The creature materialized ten feet above the ground and Idas ordered it to swoop down and drive his opponent out of cover.

Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Drevaren had anticipated Idas so summon some manner of daedra sooner or later. As the bat like she-devil bore upon him, he aimed a powerful cut at her. It sent her reeling, and he jumped rolled away. He decided his best course of action now was to attack Idas. He took running speed and leaptat the general, holding his sword in front of him like a lance aimed the generals chest

Psijjic Monk

Drevaren quickly dealt a crippling blow to the Winged Twilight. The creature abandoned its attack and feel to the ground, writhing in pain. Since it was now useless to him, Idas allowed it to slip back to Oblivion.

His greater concern was the angry Dunmer charging straight for him. Knowing he didn't have time to evade, Idas threw down a fire rune in the path between Drevaren and himself and prepared for another go at the swords.

Last edited by NordJitsu on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Drevaren mostly avoided the rune, but as he landed his left foot hit it, and he was thrown off balance by the erupting flames. The enchantments helped some, but he was lying on the ground and he could feel that his leg was badly burned. without the enchantments that would have probably lost him the fight. Getting up with a groan, he swung at Idas

Psijjic Monk

Idas leaned back, avoiding the strike, and struck low with his left blade, keeping the right high for defense. This time Drevaren's attack was a bit slower than the last and Idas hoped he might be able to get somewhere this time around.

Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

The dual blades were giving him trouble, he narrowly avioided the low swing. His katanna did have a longer reach, but due to magic distance was not his friend. He feigned another strike, and hurled the blade at Idas mid swing to buy himself time. He drew his shortsword and the dagger from his boot, and tried to get in close

Psijjic Monk

As Drevaren pushed the attack he suddenly hurled his blade at Idas. Bending at the waist, Idas manage to prevent getting impaled in the face. The sword narrowly missed his head, slicing along the open area in his armor between his shoulder and neck.

Damn!

Back peddling quickly, Idas pulled his dagger off his left hip and threw, aiming for Drevaren's jugular.

Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Drevaren twisted his upper body, the dagger left a nasty cut across his cheek. He was positively thrilled, this was a proper fight, mer against mer. He lived for these moments, even the magic could not spoil his fun. He aimed a cut at Idas face with the sword, while trying to quickly stab him in the gut with the dagger

Psijjic Monk

Bringing his swords up in a cross position, Idas blocked the attack launched at his head. Unfortunately, this left his midsection exposed and Devaren's dagger plunged into his abdomen. With a grunt and a growl struggled against his body's desire to collapse in a heap on the ground. Instead, he gathered as much of his magic as he could and unleashed a blast of lightning at his foe.

Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

His enchantments were taxed, and the blast sent him a few feet back. He landed flat on his back, half paralyzed for a few seconds. He groaned as he had to put weight on the burned leg again while getting up

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: