Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Theory Crafting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: Dilema

So I am having a really hard time choosing a class. Initially, I was all about the sorcerer. Now I'm rethinking that decision. Dragon Knights seem like a really cool class. I really like the firery reach ability. On top of that, I'm worried summons won't be viable in PvP.

Of course, if I changed my class, I'd have to tinker with my back story (already know how it would change Happy ).

One of the main reasons is that I really want to play melee.

What do you guys think? Do you think summoned creatures will work in PvP? Can you imagine Idas without conjuration?

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

I imagine they would work well in pvp. of course balancing will never be perfect, but i do hope most speccs will be viable in pvp

Professor

I hope hybrid classes will be amazing in PvP, but my hopes are dying fast. The Holy Trinity still seems strong with this one.

I can see Idas without summons. I see him more as a warrior with great magical potential. Also, it isn't completely terrible if your "RP General" is slightly different than your "PvP General". Immersion and everything included do what you need to be effective in PvP and our members can "RP" the rest. We already know the General.

Good point Al, I suppose I wouldn't have to remove the idea that Idas uses summons from the RP. I do tend to be the type who likes RP to be an extension of the game, rather than something separate, but I might be able to make an exception here.

Dragonknights still have the Destruction magic as well.

Hopefully I can get into Beta sometime soon and test out each class. Otherwise, I guess there is always open beta.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Alright, so I decided that Idas is a sorcerer and I can't take that away without stripping down the character.

If I make a Dragonknight, it will probably be a Nord who starts out as an alt. If I like him better, well...he may end up becoming the main.

It also partially depends on what sort of class make up we have in the guild. Idas was imagined as a DPS type. But we might end up needing tanks.

Xivilli
Lawman
Professor

re: Dilemma

I am in the same boat. I am still on the fence about classes but I went with sorcerer because it stuck to my play type. If need be, I can make a character for whatever is needed: tank, healer.

Jump to: