Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Legacy RP
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: The Calling (Also known as: 101 Ways To Kill An Naga)

*As the two walked through the streets Alandauron occupied himself by picking up handfuls of rocks and tossing them at every Nord and beast they passed. The Nords always shot him angry looks and made a show of their weapons at their hips which amused Alandauron. As for the beasts, most of the Argonians scurried off, but one had taken to following Alandauron and his companion despite the occasional rock tossed his direction.*

"I think I angered one of the Argonians I was throwing rocks at." Alandauron said not even realizing that Tonal had been speaking to him. "The foolish beast has decided to follow us this far. Should I put and end to him?"

*Alandauron ran into his companion when he stopped suddenly. He looked to the Dwemer and noticed that he seemed a bit set off for some reason...*
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

The Artificer turned to glower at the young Mer, his orange eyes flickering with amusement as he surveyed his indigent friend.

"You do understand that we are in Vivec, Alandauron? This is the heartland of the Dunmer, the greatest bastion of traditional Mer culture, despite it's unsavory rulers. There's no free Argonian who'd come within a thousand miles of Vvardenfell. No doubt you've damaged the property of countless hard-working, honest, Mer! I'm sure the one following us is merely a serf who's master has a message for us. I'll see what it needs while you think upon your actions."

The Dwemer cast one last scathing look at the younger Dunmer before striding over to where the Argonian had stationed itself. Seeing no need to intimidate the beast, Tonal did his best to make his far more bulky form appear less imposing as he nodded to the Argonian.

"Is there something your master needs of mine companion and I, serf?"
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

5:35 PM Loredas, 14th of Last Seed

"Yes, beast, where is your master, and what does he want with us?"

*Alandauron stepped to the side of the Argonian but the beast payed him no attention.*

Walks-Among-Shadow
*He looks intently at the Dwemer standing before him. He wears the god's armor, but appears slightly different than most we see paintings of. After looking over the Dwemer before him he decides this could possibly be one of the gods walking among them.*

"Where is metal guard? Gods should not walk without metal guard."

*Due to his lack of contact with those not of his race, Walks-Among-Shadow was not the best with the common tongue.*

"Gods must have metal guard to protect them."

*The Argonian looked over Alandauron trying to assess his skill and strength. After examining Alandauron he directs his attention back to Tonal.*

"This one not worthy to be with God."
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

*Alandauron's eyes narrow as the Argonian spouts his foul insult. How dare this beast...Alandauron draws one of his swords and thrusts toward the reptile. The reptile quickly dodges and brandishes a dagger from it's hip lunging right back at Alandauron. Surprised at the speed Alandauron is barely able to dodge the attack but quickly grabs the reptile's wrist and throws it, by the wrist, into the wall of a nearby building.*

"Not worthy...I will spill you all over the street you worthless reptile..."

*The reptile leaps to it's feet and turns in time to be caught in the head by the hilt of Alandauron's sword. The reptile crumbles to the ground and drops it's dagger.*

"Can you believe the nerve of this reptile?"

*Alandauron turns to Tonal and realizes that he was looking curiously at both himself and the reptile.*

"Wait...were you...you agree with that reptile about me?"

*Alandauron draws his other sword and readies himself in case the Dwemer decides to make a move...*
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

Tonal's gaze flickered from the lizard to Alandauron, his eyes narrowed in thought. After a few moments, the Artificer shook his head and held up a hand, motioning for his fellow Mer to put away his weapons.

"Well, judging from his words, he seems to think I'm a deity of some sort. I presume it's due to my armor, seeing as I look quite similar to any Dunmer. The beast most likely lives in the Grotto, I'd think. I understand their kind is quite adept at swimming, and can breath water, after all."

Tonal moved over the the prone Argonian and kneeled at it's side, carefully inspecting it's clothing and style. The lizard bore several Dwemeric pieces of jewelry, as well as a knife of Dwemer make.

"Seems my suspicions are confirmed. Don't kill it, he will make a good guide for the time being."

The Artificer stood and turned to face Alandauron, a cold, albeit real, smile, placing a hand on the pommel of his hammer as he did so.

"And, if my suspicions about the creature's babbling are correct, the so-called 'metal guard' is most likely a Centurion. If so, I most certainly agree with it. No creature of flesh and blood can match a properly modified centurion as a guardian! However, barring that, you function perfectly as a companion, I'd have to say. And, barring a few I've heard rumors of, you're better conversation as well. Now! Wake the lizard up, and let us be going."
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

*As the Dwemer speaks Alandauron slowly lowers his swords but continues watching him cautiously. The fact that his companion had even toyed with the idea of dispatching him was unsettling and made Alandauron nervous. Though very confident in himself out loud he knew the limits of his abilities and knew he would be at a disadvantage against Tonal.*

"It is getting to be late in the day Dwemer. I'm sure you would want to retire to one of your cozy rooms for the evening. I will tie up this reptile and keep him in the room I take to for the night. Don't worry, he will survive the night, I am quite skilled with knots and the like."

*Alandauron quickly bound the Argonian and hurled him over his shoulder. As he did so some of the town guard came running up.*

Ordinator 1: "What is going on here?"

*The guards quickly assess the situation as they approach.*

Alandauron: "It seems this Argonian does not have a master and made the mistake of challenging me. It seems I have a new piece of property now."

Ordinator 2: "Hand the Argonian over to us so we may make an example of him. These beasts need to learn not to challenge their betters."

Alandauron: "You must not have heard me. I am claiming this Argonian as my own property, I will personally tend to his punishment...or execution should I decide it's appropriate."

*The firmness in his voice was unmistakable. The guards turned their attention to Tonal and tried once again to force their point.*

Ordinator 1: "Please talk reason to your friend here about this. This beast was seen attacking by many of the other beasts within the city. We must show that it will not be tolerated."
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

As the Ordinators approached, Tonal's expression instantly hardened as his eyes narrow to slits, placing a hand on the pommel of his hammer. There were few things in the world Tonal hated more then the Tribunal & it's various affiliates (spiders for example), and the Ordinators were the face, and in some cases, fist, of the Temple.

The Artificer watched as the two argued pointlessly with Alandauron. A amusing, but in the end, pointless task. Tonal needed the lizard to live if he wished full access to the Grotto, no doubt. This left but one option, as far as Tonal was concerned, anyway. The Ordinators had to go. As they switched focus to the Dunmer to himself, the Dwemer but on his best smile.

"Ah, my most sincere apologies, my good mer. The boy here knows not what he speaks of, he's never seen the Tribunal's glorious soldiers before, I'd reckon."

Tonal smirked inwardly as the Ordinators, both unnerved by his smile (Tonal had never been very good at the task) as well as pleased with his compliment, made odd twitching motions as if trying to decide weither to cringe or puff out their chests.

"Now then, in actuality I have good reason to belive this lizard here is in fact a Cultist of the Four Corners of the House of Troubles. Sent here to kill myself and the boy, no doubt. We are here on order of House Redoran to investigate rumors of a Cult in the city. Found it as well, although in the Telvanni Canoton rather then Redoran."

The Ordinators, both shocked at thought of a Daedric Cult within their city, as well as not being the ones sent to find it, began to protest. Tonal held up a hand to silence them, before speaking again.

"We were, in fact, on our way to the Hall of Law to inform you of the Cult when the beast attacked us. We didn't wish to waste the Ordinators time on a false lead, after all. Would you like me too take you there? I'm sure the two of you could clear the place out!"

The first Ordinator, an officer by the looks of his garb, puffed out his chest and directed Tonal too lead them to the Shrine. The Artificer nodded, going over to Alandauron first, on the guise of telling him how to take the beast to the Hall of Law.

"Alandauron, I want you to take the beast and make way to the docks. Rent a gondala and wait at the shore by the Telvanni bridge. I will meet with you there."

Turning, smiling broadly at the guards, Tonal took the lead, taking them to the best spot he could find to murder them.
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

*Alandauron stood with the reptile on his shoulder, the conversation happening before him was very odd and he was completely confused. As Tonal approached him Alandauron gave him his best What The Hell look and was answered with something even more confusing.*

"Are we taking them to the shrine, going to the grotto, breaking the fools' necks, or about to have tea?" Alandauron thought to himself puzzled, "I guess it doesn't matter at this point."

*In response to the Dwemer Alandauron simply nodded and started off. The Ordinators began to question where he was going but were cut off by Tonal and then shortly after began following him.*

*As Alandauron reached the docks he began looking for a Dockmaster or Captain to which he could speak upon acquiring a boat. It didn't take long for him to find what he needed, though the price the drunkard of a Captain was asking was far more than required. Alandauron reached for his coin purse and as he caught nothing but air he remembered that his coins were with Tonal.*

Captain: "Erm...Pay up er git movin' ye dark skin ful..."

*The Captain was Nord and, as distasteful as he had found it, Alandauron had been ready to pay, then the imbecile insulted him...*
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

Tonal lead the way through the maze of streets and canal-ways too the Telvanni Canton, a towering edifice practically vibrating with magical energies. Muttering something distasteful about magic under his breath, the Dwemer moved over to a entryway set against the wall.

"Ah, here we are, my good men! Just down here and about fifty paces to the left, you'll find a unmarked door. The door leads into the shrine according to my research."

Nodding sternly, the Captain moved over to the ladder and descended swiftly, his companion close behind. The Artificer grinned viciously and descended after the two Ordinators to find them with their backs to him, confused by the lack of any shrine.

"Hello again, gentlemen! I'm afraid I may have neglected to inform you that this was an elaborate ruse to kill you in a delightfully complex way, and then blame it on the Telvanni. Apologies."

With that, Tonal leapt forwards with his hammer & crushed the captain's plumed helm like tin. As the corpse fell to the ground the second Ordinator cried out in dismay and drew his sword before lunging at the Artificer. Tonal let the sword strike off his right pauldron, emitting a burst of sparks as enchanted sword hit Dwemer metal, before bringing his hammer in low to crush the Mer's left knee and send him to the ground, helpless as the sword clatters from the Ordinator's hand. Tonal smirks and sheathes his hammer before taking a scalpel from his pack. It took the Ordinator over twenty minutes to die.

Tonal met Alandauron at the shore soon after he'd finished of the second Ordinator, as promised.

"Alright then, onwards to Mudan Hold, boy! Gold and glory for to Numidium await!"
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

*As Tonal approached he took note of the dead Nord lying on their craft. Alandauron saw him looking at the Nord.*

"I'm not quite sure but I think he called me a fool. Since he had decided to insult me, I told him he had to show me the craft was sea worthy before I paid. You had my coin purse so I improvised, we won't have to return the craft."

*The craft was small but slightly impressive for what it was.*
Forum Image

"I thought about keeping him alive to have him row us out there, then he spat at me. Nords are such brutes."
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

Tonal inspected the craft carefully before stepping on it. Quite sizable for a ship of it's kind, as well as comfortable enough for such a short trip. A good choice, all and all.

"Good choice of vessal, Boy. Now, rouse the Argonian, he can take us there. Allow me to don my helm though, that he might see me fully as a Dwemer."

Tonal removed the golden artifice from his belt, a reproduction of his own make as all his arms were, and placed it upon his head before stepping carefully on too the ship, moving over to the Argonian & kneeling as he did.

Walks-Among-Shadow

Walks-Among-Shadow roused quickly and foundhimself almost face-to-face with one of the Gods. Crying out in distress, the Argonian did his best kneel before Tonal. He began to speak, but was quickly cut off by the Dwemer.

"Listen beast, I need someone to take me to Mudan Hold, can you do that? I would be greatly pleased if you could do so."

The Argonian could only nod as his God stood over him. God requests of me? Great Honor and Trust does he bestow on me. I cannot fail, for the God commands me. Shadow nods quickly and bow again to the Dwemer, before rushing over to the paddle and begining to row.

Tonal Ailean

Tonal smirks inwardly, glowing from the devotion, and turns back to Alandauron as the lizard swiftly begins to propel them towards the Grotto. He laughs and mrumers to Alandauron in Dunmer.

"And that, my friend, is how you get a slave to worship you."
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

*As Alandauron watches the reptile scrambling to begin rowing his God to the desired location he can't help but smirk.*

"Don't let this God thing go to your head." Alandauron whispered back, "Beasts are supposed to serve mer, this is merely a beast that understands his calling."

*Alandauron begins to enter the chamber on the gondala when both the reptile and Tonal object to his entering. The reptile bares his teeth and lets out a hissing noise while Tonal grabs him on the shoulder stopping Alandauron in his tracks.*

"Very well, Dwemer. I will indulge you this in order to maintain the desired image..."
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

After a short and, mostly, comfortable gondola ride, the ornate craft pulled alongside a small island composed of a large cave, a few rocks, and a Dwemer Tower presiding over it all.

The very second the craft scraped against the shore before the cave, Tonal shot out of the cabin and leapt to shore with a cry, rushing over too the Tower as he did so. After hugging the tower's cool stone for a few moments, Tonal turned to find his companion staring at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Eh, I was merely glad to see our destination, Boy. No need to look so! I didn't dance a jig for you! Now then, let's us be off."

The Artificer turned with a sharp step, casting one more disdainful glance at the water behind him. The lizard motioned for the two Mer to follow him into the cave, at which point they were confronted with a great Dwemeric door, locked and barred. The Artificer smiled broadly beneath his helm and motioned for his companions to step back while he removed a set of tools from his belt. While doing so, he murmured in Dunmeric too Alandauron.

"Much more dramatic if I don't have to use their locks. Showing up, unannounced, whilst entering through a supposedly un-openable door? Perfect."

As it was, the Dwemer made short work of the door, managing to open it within almost five minutes. Motioning for the others to move in behind him, Tonal threw open the doors with a great bang, leaping forward and shouting out in his most imposing voice.

"Creatures of Mudan Hold! Behold your Prophet, your Lord, your Savior!"

Nobody ever said Tonal didn't have a flair for the dramatic.

----------

Lives-In-Dwemer-Ruin

The Chieftain blinked. In the middle of deliberations with some of his advisors in the main passageway of the Hold, the Great Gate had burst open. An unusual occurrence on it's own, however it was far and away overshadowed by the following event. Even as he and his Advisors stared at the door, more Naga rushing in to find the source of the commotion, a great figure dressed in gleaming gold plate appeared announcing himself as their savior.

The Naga surrounding the Chief fell prostrate to the ground, instantly praying to the golden figure that had so suddenly appeared. The Chieftain merely scowled in disbelief, steeping forward to confront this so-called savior.

"Who is this that claims to be God? Gods are gone. This is known too all my people. What say you in defense?"

----------

Tonal

Tonal smirked inwardly, recognizing the Chief for what he was, and stepped forward to confront him, gesturing for Alandauron and Shadow to come with him.

"I am Tonal Ailean, lizard. Dwemer and Artificer of the highest degree. I have returned to the home of my Ancestors, would you deny me that?"

Tonal drew himself up in front of the Chieftain, towering over the small creature by well over a foot, stepping over the Naga's prostrate advisors.

"I see from your garb that your are the Chieftain of this place, as well as High Priest, no doubt. I have come to spread the Light of the Numidium to your people, but I have need of things within your Vault to proceed. Will you take me there, or shall I find my own way..?"

The Artificer let the last word hang as he inspected the small creature. The Dwemer didn't want violence, in this case, but he would not hesitate to attack if needed.

----------

Lives-In-Dwemer-Ruin

Lives-In-Dwemer-Ruin did his best to keep the snarl off his face as he bowed to the figure in front if him. The Chieftain knew full well that the 'Gods' he'd convinced his people to worship were long gone.

"As you say, oh Great One! Please follow me, so that I might take you to the Temple of the Gods."

The Naga bowed deeply once again to the Dwemer, before leading them away through the Hold. After a short journey, passing a large room as they went by, the corridor stopped at a ladder leading up to a massive door inset in the ceiling.

"Here you go, master. I shall wait out here, as you please."

----------

Tonal

The Artificer smiled broadly beneath his helm and nodded slightly to the Naga. Gesturing for Alandauron to follow, Tonal ascended up into the Vault.

As the door slid back, Tonal climbed into the Vault and stood for a few moments, taking it all in. The shelves were filled to the brim with Dwemer armor, weaponry, and devices of all shapes and sizes. Massive chests stood open, more gleaming Dwemer crafts lying inside, great rows of tomes and artifacts lined the walls. The Artificer just stood, and stared, taking it all in. A few moments later, he collapsed to his knees, seemingly in prayer as he burst into a fit of muttering in a language nobody there knew.
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

7:20 PM Loredas, 14th of Last Seed

*Alandauron waited a moment and checked behind them before making any comment.*

"Oh great savior, merciful God. What is it you need from this place? Can I be of assistance oh great one?"

*Alandauron could barely contain his laughter at this point. The grand entrance that Tonal had made nearly caused him to fall over in a fit of laughter. Were it not for all the Argonians and their sharp spears Alandauron would have done so.*

"Lets get what we need and get out of here." Alandauron stated in a lower tone. "We are vastly outnumbered."

*Tonal didn't respond right away, Alandauron started to think the loon had died from the pure excitement of seeing so many Dwemer made relics all at once.*

Last edited by Alandauron on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Dwarftastic
Kinsman
Scholar

Tonal finished his prayers a few minutes later and stood, casting his eyes over the Vault oncemore. It was magnificent. With a hundred fellow scholars and as many years, the Artificer was sure he could not catalouge the entire vault. After a moment, he turned to Alandauron.

"Boy, if you break, scratch, bend, or dent so much as a single item within this Vault, I will personally lock you in it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Legacy RP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: