Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: End of Farragut, Hitting the Road

So Farragut is winding to a close, it had a great run and I enjoyed it very much but honestly can't see it going anywhere else at this point.  I have discussed with some of the other members and they agree.

The plan for our next step in RP for our current characters is a bit of travel, I think we should vote on the theme.  Here are some basic themes to consider and discuss:

The Road Ahead:

Our characters hit the road together, just the [insert number of participants] of them.  Katriel has expressed a desire to return to her band of Khajiit to see what is left of them.  She doesn't want to travel alone due to the recent events and her injuries so she asks for company.  Alandauron is still eating out of her hands at this point so quickly volunteers to accompany her, others can have their own reasons for joining.

Safe Passage:

Same basic thing, Katriel wants to return to her band.  This time our characters join a caravan headed to Elsweyr, along the way the caravan makes several stops and our characters provide needed protection in return for supplies and pay.

Home Again:

No traveling involved in this version, we start off with the group arriving at the location Katriel leads them to.  Of course there is trouble and our characters vow to help Katriel figure out what happened and help her resolve the issue.

So what does everyone think?

P.S. Xivilli get on Steam or something every once in awhile so I can harass you.

me likey!! haha :)

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Ok, so in order to get the vote started I'll post up my thoughts.

I would rather have a traveling RP for this one, leaves it open for new destinations along the way.  We are traveling from Fort Farragut to Elsweyr where Katriel used to live with her band of Khajiit.  Here is my list of favorite to least favorite:

1) Safe Passage: I like the idea of being the guard for a caravan traveling to a destination close to our desired end point.

2) The Road Ahead: While not my primary choice traveling without a caravan will give a bit more freedom of movement to our group.  We can take a direct route or get sidetracked as often as we want.

3) Home Again: This is my least favorite of the options, we have done the stationary RP several times now, I would like to travel this time so we see more than one city/destination.

1. safe passage, 2 road ahead and 3 home again

Professor

I vote road ahead. I like the freedom

I'd like to state my concern about a travelling rp. Last time it didn't survive

AngelofDance5613
Kinsman
Professor

I'm in the same boat as Vehk...I'd like the traveling one, but it died so freaking bad last time....

Xivilli
Kinsman
Professor

That was probably partially due to me, I dropped off the planet around that time, so I apologize, but I'd love to join this one! I would prefer either road ahead or safe passage, personally, but I'll throw my number one vote to road ahead. Then safe passage, and finally Home Again. 

P.S. I've been going to school everyday and working lol no time for games right now, but I'll log in to message anyone who wants to talk.

"Road Ahead" and "safe passage" seem like the same sort of deal, but with Safe Passage, it's a bit more options of story-telling with more stopping points (It's the caravan's schedule, not our characters') and less of a dependence on the characters wanting to travel with Katriel. With Safe Passage, we get more options for NPCs, locations, and introductions.

Not that I'm suggesting that Home Again is a bad one. I just think between Road and Passage, Passage is better.

My list is (best to worst); Safe Passage, Home Again, and Road Ahead

side question - I'm assuming this is leading directly out of events in Fort Farragut?

Not exactly, we're going to have a brief "assumed period" in which our characters have time to recover and basically have space for other possibilities.

GGA(Great Game's Amnesty) is essentially our "tavern RP" just on a larger scale and having it's own challenges at times.  So we need to leave these small gaps in time in which we can assume some members could have gone to the lodge for some R&R.

I was going to work with Vehk on the closing post which will include some sort of conclusion in which the characters either scatter or just simply carry out their duties.  Katriel wouldn't want to wait, but with her passed out that gives her friends the opportunity to get her somewhere to heal, they can then take turns watching over her(making sure she doesn't run off) until they feel she has healed properly.

At least all of that can be assumed.  This new thread will open up something like "A few weeks following the Dominion assault on Fort Farragut....etc. etc."

I'm also considering doing a time jump in Great Game's Amnesty after we get through the grand opening celebration, not anytime soon, just probably the next time it begins getting stagnant with posts.

Last edited by Alandauron on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jump to: