Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: Elsweyr Discussion Thread

So I have been considering another RP option, but this one wouldn't take place in the same timeframe as ESO.  This would take place in the early to middle parts of the third era and would be in the land of Elsweyr.

Alandauron's daughter has grown up, she was a troubled child and left with Tonal Ailean after both her parents were killed by Volrina of the Quarra.  Tonal raised her and some of his madness stuck with her, but after some time she decided it was time to find her own way.  She chooses to leave Morrowind and go to Elsweyr, she has heard great things about the talents of the Khajiit and hopes to learn from them to better herself.

Timeframe: RP opens up 3E 50ish, exact year and date will be added later.  Any non-mer from our current RP would be dead and mer would be almost 400 years older.

Location: Darvulk Haven.  It's a small town close to the shore but not a port.  This means less in the way of city defensive forces which allows small gangs to be able to control the town.

Plot: Three existing gangs fight over control of Darvulk Haven, they are listed below.  A fourth gang is struggling to establish a name for themselves, and also to think of a name for themselves, Mia Mercator is the founder of the gang, but recruitment and successful opportunities are hard to come by due to influence from the other gangs.  Avrimi travels to Darvulk and encounters Mia, after which she decides to join Mia's gang and help with recruitment and objectives.  The future is ours to decide!

Gang 1: Lorkhaj's Faithful

This gang was formed in the interest of remaining fairly unknown despite how powerful they became.  They have mostly succeeded in this and though they are known about their dealings have allowed them to not be seen as a threat.  The gang steals high value items and controls town officials and powerful individuals by means of bribes and back alley deals.

Gang 2: Servants of S'rendarr

The town of Darvulk Haven is under the control of The Progenitors, this gang originally formed in the hopes of liberating the city from The Progenitors' control.  Since being formed they have attracted mainly warriors and have become known as an "Enforcer focused" gang.  After gaining a fair amount of power and members they openly opposed The Progenitors but were beaten and the remaining members are now being hunted and killed.  The Servants of S'rendarr still have a decent following and still attract a fair amount of recruits following the same ideals but are unable to rally enough to pose a serious threat.  Unknown to any members or outsiders The Faithful secretly fund this group as a means to keep The Progenitors focus off them.

Gang 3: The Progenitors

This is the ruling body of Darvulk Haven, they control business and trade in the town.  The gang runs things in a three-fold manner, and have three Lieutenants, one watching over each faction.  The three factions are Enforcers, Thieves, and Assassins.  Sightless runs the thieves in the gang and Ariela runs the assassins.  Sorian Isleif leads the Enforcers within the gang, the main front of the gang.  These enforcers run the streets of Darvulk Haven and are the backbone of the gang, ensuring to maintain it's control in the town.

More detailed info can be found on the Gangs of Elsweyr thread.

Here is a list of current Player Characters that I have been notified of and/or bios have been posted for:

This RP is in constant development, if anyone would like to help add to the story by creating a character bio or helping flush out details of a faction you can contact me as follows:

-On this site, send a PM

-On Steam: Alandauron

-On Skype: Dustin Spates/dustin0218

Last edited by Alandauron on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 8 times in total

you know I would lol

rylog9
Kinsman
Scholar

Very rough, but my interest is piqued.

Vehk and/or his daughter(s) will be glad to have a role to play

Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

i would be up for that. I have been reading some of the Rp lately and this seems like the perfect opportunity to get back into it

Scholar

î who's that guy above anyway 

Vehk Hlaalu
House Father
Professor

Just some deustchbag ;p

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

He's not deutsch he's Norwegian, he's a Norwegbag.  ;)

actually im a deutsch citizen

Psijjic Monk

Very we'll then, deutschbag it is.

I'm in!

First draft for my character, changes might be made if needed

Sorian “Sailcloth” Isleif

Background:

Sorian is a former redguard pirate who left his life on the high seas behind him for unknown reasons, and is now one of “insert gang name’s” top lieutenants. He is the gangs number one enforcer, and in charge of most their hired muscle and known to lead the “finest” thugs in Darvulk Haven.  He got his nickname, which most people know and call him by, back when he was still new in town and working his way up through the ranks. In a number of hits, he strangled his targets with a strip of sailcloth. Something he picked up during his days as a seafaring brigand

Appearance:

Sorian is not especially tall or broad, nor is he a slab of pure muscle. He is of average height and build, but still visibly muscular. He keeps his brown hair in short dreads that only fall halfway down his neck and are kept together by a red bandanna. He wears a loose pair of trousers that barely hang over his knees, and rarely anything else. He also shaves all the hair on his body, except of course his head, and proudly displays the crisscross of scars that cover his arms and torso. However, the main reason for his full body grooming and light clothing is that Elsweyr “is just too damn hot”. Although he is best known for the strip of sailcloth, and rumored too always carry one with him, he can usually be seen with a shortened cutlass or a cudgel of some kind strapped to his waist.

Professor

Name: Mortimer Mercator 

Race: Imperial

Personality: As a former soldier of the Legion, he values discipline, honor, and keeping the peace. Mortimer is a hard man, always gets the job done, and merciless in battle. However, he has a soft spot for children and cats, and since leaving the Legion, has taken work as a freelance merc in Elsweyr by becoming a guard. Another weakness of his is Mia, his twin sister, who always seems to get into trouble. Though he is the younger, he has taken it to himself to watch out for her. 

Appearance: He possess a horrible scar he sustained in the Legion, a burn that covers his left cheek, mutilated his ear, half of his eyebrow, neck, and covers the left side of his body to his left thigh. Other than this notable feature, he is tan like most Imperials, has a military haircut and clean face, with an eye-patch over his left eye. Wears heavy armor that was custom made for him after he left the military, and uses a sword and shield. 

Name: Mia Mercator

Race: Imperial

Personality: Having studied in the Mage's Guild for years, she is a brilliant spellcaster with a knack for ice and Illusion magic. She has been jailed many times over the years for many things, from theft to racketeering, assault to attempted bribery, the list goes on. While she loves her brother, Mortimer, she never turns down the chance to make a profit. Most of the time, it's her brother that bails her out of prison, and which is partly why they came to Elsweyr, for a fresh start, but being in the land of thieves, it's only worsened her behavior. 

Appearance: With a body to die for and tempting attire, she makes use of her body to aid her in fulfilling her desires. A cleavage bearing tan robe, silky black hair pulled back, and a staff made of Elm wood, she seems harmless to most, but many have learned that she is dangerous. Tan skin like her brothers with beauty for both of them, Mia always turns a few heads. She only uses a destro staff.

I have edited the OP to reflect what we have so far.  I will soon be starting on the opening post for this RP, but probably not tonight.

The gang names are still flexible at this point, this is just what I found after doing a small amount of research into the Khajiit.  The town is going to consist of mostly Khajiiti citizens, but all races are of course welcome.

Name: Brynjolf "Brinny the Ninny" Alvstad

Race: Nord

Appearance: Brinny is almost a man, though you couldn't tell by looking at him. Puberty hit him with the awkward body stick. His arms and legs don't quite match his body, and his whiskers are a terrible sight. He has to keep them shaved, or risk looking like something nightmarish. He's rather short for his age, only five foot two inches tall. Soft boyish face. Blue eyes, blond hair. No scars, tattoos, or piercings.

Personality: Would-be-vigilante-do-gooder. He romanticizes the thought of being a hero, but doesn't understand the challenges and personal sacrifice that it will take to become one. His heart is in the right place, but he lacks the foresight.

History: Brynjolf is the son of a middle class merchant family in Whiterun. He has several older sisters that all made fun of him, and picked on him for all of his life. Brynjolf spent all of his life trying to become a Companion. He eventually quit when some members got tired of him trying to join, so they beat him within an inch of his life. Hurt, and feeling betrayed, he didn't tell anyone who did this. His father disowned him for being a coward. Bryn's moral compass would not be deterred, so he set off to "make a hero out of himself elsewhere". (Do you guys get it? ELSWEYR? HAH) Because, honestly, what else can he do?

Abilities: Literally jack shit. He can read, write, and is alright with numbers and ledgers. He can not sneak to save his life. He has never held a weapon. He has never seen magick used before. He has never been in a fight that didn't involve him getting his ass whooped. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Roleplaying Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: