Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: Alandauron's Xcom Squaddies

So the way I see things we are a community now and have moved beyond just ESO.  I enjoy playing games with other members as well as discussing other upcoming games and non-MP games.

All that being said I have started up a new xcom run and am naming my squaddies after guild members.  I have already created several members in my current game but in xcom you always take casualties no matter how careful you are.  So if anyone else is interested in becoming one of my squaddies you can send me a PM with the following information:

First Name:

Last Name:

"Preferred" Nickname(If you survive to Corporal):

"Preferred" Country:

Type of armor preferred(Heavy or Light):

"Preferrred" Class(Engineer/Medic/Scout/Sniper/Assault/Infantry/Gunner/Rocketeer):

I already have guildies set up as members and their info is as follows:

• Member: Alandauron
  • Nickname: 'Hardcore'
  • Class: Infantry
  • Armor: Heavy

• Member: Obscure
  • Nickname: Obscure
  • Class: Assault
  • Armor: Light

• Member: NDuprising
  • Nickname: Gunner
  • Class: Gunner

• Member: DancingAngel
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Class: Scout
  • Armor: Light

• Member: Burrmab
  • Class: Sniper
  • Armor: Light

• Member: Fark/Taymore
  • Class: Infantry

• Member: Rizzllaa
  • Nickname: Scotch
  • Class: Medic
  • Armor: Heavy

• Member: Amaya
  • Nickname: Derpy

• Member: Falauren
  • Nickname: Shadow
  • Class: Gunner

• Member: Vehk
  • Nickname: N/A

• Member: NordJitsu

• Member: Haz
  • Class: Assault

• Member: Xivilli
  • Class: Engineer

• Member: Godzilla-Senpai

• Member: Sysmik
  • Class: Engineer

• Member: Albireo
  • Class: Infantry

I will also be using this thread for memorials for our fallen comrades.  I will keep the OP updated with current status of squaddies from the guild for those of you interested.

Last edited by Alandauron on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 7 times in total

Memorial to: Fark/Taymore

We are here to celebrate the memory of our fallen brother in arms.  Yesterday we lost a brave and noble soldier of xcom, he died courageously while trying to serve in the protection against the alien threat to Earth.

Taymore served as a forward scout, it was his job to run ahead and find enemies as well as to perform flanking maneuvers to take them out quickly and efficiently.  In this mission he died while flanking a group of aliens, he managed to take out 2 of them but while going after the 3rd his weapon jammed giving the enemy the opening they needed to take him out.

Without his bravery the mission would not have been the success that it was.  Amaya was on the mission with him and after watching him fall rushed into the fight, taking out 2 of the aliens single handedly before making it to his side.  We all feel the loss, but we will fight on with him in our thoughts.

Report Taymore for feeding. GG no re

Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Made some changes to the OP for those interested.  

Ever since Fark's death we have kept a tighter leash on our scouts and managed to keep most of them alive.  We have had some casualties, but sadly the ones we have lost didn't take the time to get to know anyone, we have placed a memorial for them in HQ.

We have had a string of victories over the alien invaders, even so they seem to be growing stronger and their numbers continue to grow as well.  Our efforts have rallied many more to join us and we are always getting new recruits, this war will not end with an enemy victory, we will prevail.

Something to note:  Falauren has proved to be a valuable asset, his skills with a sniper rifle have proved invaluable time and time again.  Should an officer position open up he will be the next considered to fill that position.

R. I. P.  Obscure

The mission was supposed to be a simple one.  A Scout class alien craft touched down in the U.S., intel told us that resistance would be minimal but that we needed to recover whatever resources we could off the craft.

Things started off manageable, we approached and entered the craft with minimal effort, after taking out the aliens inside we called for pickup.  Suddenly 5 squads of alien forces descended upon us from every direction, it was all we could do to hold our position.  Obscure was vital in the mission, he managed to kill half a dozen aliens on his own and provided necessary cover for our forces to move to better cover.

Just as we had pushed back another wave of aliens Obscure prepared to re-position, unfortunately one of the aliens was lying in wait for him, there was nothing anyone could have done.  His bravery in the face of overwhelming odds will be remembered forever.  Every member that took part in the mission is currently out of commission for several days, no member came out unscathed.

Obscure, you were one of the best gunners I had the pleasure of serving with, you will be remembered as the hero you are.

Due to the unfinished state of the Long War mod, a new beta release caused me to be unable to play my previous game.  I am starting over fresh with the beta 13 of the mod(which introduces a ton of new items and weapons to the game!) and will be keeping everyone who was following before posted on the status of the squad.

Those that died in the last playthrough are back, but I haven't attained all the members I had before.  I do have a list and plan to add everyone that gave me their information previously.  Stay tuned 

Finally got this updated again.  I believe I got everyone that sent me their info to add them in my xcom playthrough, if I missed anyone or if there's anyone else that wants to be added just send me the info from the OP via PM on this site.

Jump to: