Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Putz2u
Hireling
Blind One

re: Hello

Hello everyone

So i'm very new to the whole guild/mmo thing. I will apologize in advance for the questions i'm gonna ask. I will make sure to check forum and google before i do though. But I do like to know details and exactly why things are the way they are and how they work. Anyway, like I said i'm really new to this. My experience online comes from the ps3 and fps. So at the very least I know how to take orders and work as a team. I'm a quick learner and will do the best I can to pick up all the other skills i need to know to make myself an asset to the guild as quickly as possible.

As far as games played i've been playing The Elder Scroll series since Daggerfall. Thats the game that got me hooked and has forced me to play every one since. The hours spent playing them since are impossible to count.

A little about me..... I'm 29 and live in the United States. I work as a manager for a major grocer. I have 2 little girls and a gf ( get out voted on everything ). 

So that's about it. I appreciate being accepted into the guild. I will make sure to get teamspeak up and running as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Xkhan
Hireling
Blind One

Welcome!  Looking forward to playing with you!

-Khan

Xkhan
Hireling
Blind One

Welcome!  Looking forward to playing with you!

-Khan

NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

No worries man.

People who are green but willing to learn are always better than people who are experienced but set in their ways.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Nightmorphea
Retainer
Blind One

Welcome!  And I feel your pain.  I have a wife and a daughter.  One is menopausal, and the other is in puberty.  Things get a little crazy from time to time. :)

I also come from a more fps background than MMO, this is my first. Feel free to ask questions! I know I had to ask a lot! It's a good way to learn :D

I've done the MMO thing here and there, but I was usually into RTS games and FPS when it comes to competitive play. Most of my guild/clan/team leadership experience comes from those genres. My main MMOs have been recent (SWTOR and GW2). Other than that I played Everquest when I was very young and mostly just derpped around. Same for Runescape. WoW I tried and instantly hated with a passion, so I never really gave it a chance. 

Other than that just a crap ton of Elder Scrolls and single player RPGs.

So we've got something in common. 

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: