Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Crafting and Economy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deezthus
Hireling
Scholar

re: Enchanting

Seeing as I seem to lean towards the role of the guild scholar/sorcerer(I have no idea what to call a sneaky mage focused on resto/alt/illu, care to help me out anyone? Shadowpriest?), I will probably go for enchanting, if the guild needs it. Depending on how enchanting will be implemented in the game, if at all, which I figure is likely though. Anyway I will probably be focused on whatever craft is best suited for users of magic.

I was initially going for alchemy as a native of Argonia where knowledge of herbs that could otherwise poison(or eat) you would be of vital importance. However, seeing as we already have someone interested in this field, I've decided on being more magic focused. Might do both if I can, but I'm not sure I am going to use two different crafts.

Psijjic Monk

Both are nice to have in the guild ,and both fit your character well. but don't pick one just because we might need it more than another. It is nice of you to think like that but in the end you should go with what you really want. If that is enchanting go for it, if its not go for alchemy!

Scholar

If you do enchanting that's one less thing I have to worry about when crafting something because then if people want that I can just give you the weapon/armor I made and you could enchant it with what ever they want. So that less skill point we have to spread around.
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Falauren is right, as I said my main will be leatherworking(and hunting to gather supplies) and if possible I will do a small amount in alchemy. If we stay a small group I may be able to keep up with demand from the guild, but if we continue to grow I will need help. So if you want to do alchemy that is what you should do. We have plenty of others that can contribute in some way if needed.

Plus let the Nord pick up some slack by doing enchanting...uh oh my persona's distaste is spreading outside of the RP world .
Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Haha, i love you too! Anyways, enchanting is probably the last porff i would go for(i know it was a joke). It doesn't fit him at all

Scholar

Hm, we'll see I think. After all I am more or less equally interested in both crafts so I figured I could just do the one which would be the most useful to the guild. I can wait and see how things develop, both with the game and the guild but for now I will probably go mainly enchanting.

Again, like the elf, I might do one craft mainly and one to the side.

Psijjic Monk

If that is possible(hopefully is) may be like wow where its gathering and crafting proffesions. Anyone got any official info on this?

Psijjic Monk

No official info. I believe crafting skills will be like weapon skills though. They will level with use.

I am also going to do enchanting. That's a definite. My main skills are going to be Destruction, One Handed, Conjuration, and probably Enchanting with a side order of Smithing. Oh, and light armor for defense.

Its ok to have multiple people doing things. Our guild already has 15 members. Not all of them are active, but we're a long ways away from launch. There are also three more waiting in the wings who are planning to join. And I have a few friends who might get the game. So we'll probably launch with over 20 if everyone sticks around.

Even if some people leave, recruiting will probably pick up a lot closer to launch. I will be more actively seeking members later on. Right now, I'm most just advertising via my sig on the main forums and hoping people check us out.

So if this turns out to be a bigish guild, 2 or 3 enchanters isn't a problem at all.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Gnosis Fyr
Hireling
Blind One

re: Professions

I know we already have a couple crafters and what-not, but hey, the more the merrier! I plan on doing enchanting and armor-smithing professions as well. From what I understand of the released info, there will be five professions, and you can do them all. But you can only specialize in two. They are:
1.Weapon smithing
2.Armor smithing
3.Alchemy
4.Gathering
5.Enchanting
Some(if not most) of you already know this, but just throwing it out there!

Professor

re: Crafting

I myself am an enchanter and armor-smith. I don't trust my life to armor I didn't forge myself... just a bit of paranoia
Nightmorphea
Retainer
Blind One

I have been playing around with all of the professions.  I was leaning towards alchemy, although I tinkered more with enchanting in the last beta weekend. 

The round stones are a bit of an issue to find.  One place that I did find a lot of round stones (essence?) was in the Grotto dungeon.  There in the sacks that are scattered about the goblin section. If you're going enchanting or gathering resources for a guild enchanter, that is a place to keep an eye out. While my fellow puggers were rushing for chests to pick, I was seeking sacks. :)

I'm still deciding.  Once I start investing points in a path, I'll commit.  It would be good to know what the guild will be needing.

Ya I'll make sure to get something official and up to date on crafting out soon. At minimum, we need a thread to list who is doing what so people can use that to help them decide.

BTW....

Reading over this thread I find it hilarious that I thought we would maybe launch with 20 people.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Eggzie
Oathman
Blind One

NordJitsu wrote:

I find it hilarious that I thought we would maybe launch with 20 people.

Lol I saw that :D Good to see solid growth, heck, we were almost hitting 20 online at some points during the beta weekend :D

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> Crafting and Economy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: