View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: RP in PvE

So it looks like PvE might prove fairly challenging and could be a good way to learn at first. Also we could have a PvE day where we get online to RP as our personas, not sure how that will go exactly...

"Alandauron you guar head don't charge in there, everyone knows you're an archer not a swordsman..."
NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Absolutely.

I think RPing in PvE is great. When I play Skyrim, I'm always in character.

We will just need to be more of a cohesive unit by that point.

I think if we can all get on a voice chat service, that will help a lot with the RP. Though I'll need to become a chain smoker in order to do Idas's voice properly.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Deezthus
Hireling
Scholar

re: Re: RP in PvE

Alandauron Quarra wrote:
"Alandauron you guar head don't charge in there, everyone knows you're an archer not a swordsman..."

Nah, pft, let him go at it, I'm sure he'll be just fine... *whistles innocently*

Nordjitsu, if you go with the raspy voice of the dunmer of Vvardenfell, that would be so awesome!

Yeah the time we have now before launch is the time I think we can have fun and work on the backstory of the guild and its individual members and come together more and more as we get closer to the release of the game. And then have even more fun. I do not mind RPing in PvE, at least not when I am in group with guildmembers. I am not sure how into the RP thing I will be over voice chat though, we'll see, especially since I do not even have a mic.

Sometimes when I play alone I might not be in the best of moods and not have the energy to roleplay properly, you know when you just play alone because you don't really have anything better to do.

Psijjic Monk

I guess im lucky in that regard, i have a deep, voice. like Falauren should. not extremely deep mind you. i am a bit of a mush-mouth though

Professor

I'm a good mimic when it comes to voices, from Mickey Mouse to Golem from Lord of the Rings. Though it's hard to make my voice a certain pitch of deep without hearing it first, I can most likely do Xivilli's voice if I find a good one.

Otherwise, I'll speak as I normally do, which sounds like I'm half asleep or stoned (according to my friends).

Honestly, I imagine Xivilli's voice to sound like Obi-wan's in Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

Sweet mother of Threadomancy! Way to resurrect a post, Xi! Made me think Deezthus had returned.. D:
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Tonal Ailean wrote:
Sweet mother of Threadomancy! Way to resurrect a post, Xi! Made me think Deezthus had returned.. D:

*cries*

Aww poor Al

Also, I've changed my mind a bit on this.

Not sure I want to RP in voice chat.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

yea, I was kinda leaning away from it as well. Nothing like a big strong Nord that has a girly voice(not saying any of our Nords do).

Generally in PvE there's enough breaks in between the fighting, and even during it sometimes, for some proper RP.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> PvE (Raid) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: