View previous topic :: View next topic  
NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

re: New Info: No Raids

Newest info suggests that there are no standard raids in TESO. Matt Firor says "That's no Elder Scrolls."

However, there will still certainly be large scale PvE content such as large public dungeons and "adventure zones." Unfortunately, there are also no spontaneous world events like GW2 had.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Alandauron
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Well that doesn't bother me as much because I never really participated in any raids of any kind.

I would like to see events able to be implemented though. Molag Bal comes to Tamriel and unleashes hell for a day or a weekend. Vampire uprising has them come pouring out during a night time sequence...etc.

Still waiting for the MMO that can do that and do it well.
NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

Ya I'm sort of hoping they rethink the spontaneous events thing...it was so much fun in GW2 and really contributed to the feeling of a living world. I will say they got repetitive in GW2. At first I would always do them. Later it was like: "I'm trying to finish a quest, I've already stopped that Minotaur rampage three times."

But their philosophy seems to be to do everything well. If they can't do it perfectly by launch, they are saving it for later. I'm fine with that.

Grasp fortune by the forelocks. When you see your chances, seize them. When you see a chance to turn a profit, take it. But do not follow money blindly. There is value in reputation, more than many young Hlaalu realize. This value must be carefully balanced against the more tangible coins in any deal. Theft and murder are bad for business. You can steal from someone, but will he trade with you after that? You can’t bargain with a dead man. There are many ways to do business.– GRASPING FORTUNE
Falauren
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

When it comes to end game i was primarily a raider back in wow. kinda switched to pvp in GW2, so i don't really mind. gotta agree with matt, raids aren't very elder scrolls. Would love some propoper world events though. Pretty much feel the same as jitsu about em in GW2. In rift they were kinda horrible

Not a big fan of PvE anyways... but I can say this, no hardcore raids and the hardcore PvE carebear Community is gonna take a hard blow..

And since the majority of mmo players do PvE, its gonna effect subscriptions alot.

Just my two cents on it.....
NordJitsu
Council Member
Psijjic Monk

The title of this thread ought to be REALLY REALLY OLD Info, because that's what it is now.

They've since clarified that, ya, they basically have raids. They were just avoiding the term to avoid the WoW comparisons.

Adventure Zones will be large group content but instead of fighting one single large boss, you will fight armies. They will probably have a leader, but he's not going to be 50 feet tall.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Hlaalu Forum Index -> PvE (Raid) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: